Select Page How to Survive a Stormy Season of Growth as a Woman
When a woman is experiencing a stormy season in her life there are several signs that pop up to indicate you are experiencing an “empowerment awakening” as I like to call it.
A time where you are being called to awaken even more to your confident and empowered self that has always lived within, but sometimes God has to say it a little more loudly because most of the time we don’t like to listen to the clues.
The signs of awakening are as follows:
- Praying more than usual
- Craving spiritual guidance more
- Looking for signs and symbols of hope everywhere
- Changes in weight (typically weight gain but sometimes weight loss)
- Stronger desire to “find yourself and be your true self”
- More fatigue, exhaustion, and headaches
- Old stuff and people pop up more
- Events that alter your life occur (death, divorce, change in job, break up, illness, moving, financial turmoil occur, etc)
- More emotional and mental confusion compared to normal (crying more, getting angrier quicker, etc)
- Relationships may be rockier or you may question them more than usual
- Might meet someone who challenges you to grow
- Feel like “you want to become or be more than you are”
- Feel like you are being “blocked” from moving in a new direction although you are ready
- Start questioning yourself, “who am I? How do I want to spend my life? Who would I like to spend my life with? Am I living my purpose? Why does this keep happening to me?”
- Intuition is becoming clearer and dreams are more vivid
- More connected to nature than usual
- More drawn to inspiration and personal development
You may be experiencing some but now all of these. But, if you are going through a season of growth and awakening you will certainly feel it!
A confident and empowered woman knows best of all that a stormy season is TEMPORARY. It is not there to stay, but while it is there. It will certainly do damage! It will cause fear to pop up. It will cause tears to flow. It will cause courage and confidence to slowly but surely rise from you.
It will change you; perhaps this is why it is there to begin with to CHANGE you. It is there to move you one step closer (or several steps closer) to becoming the regal woman you desire to be.
The best way to survive this season of “empowerment awakening” is to tune into what you desire most from your life. The sole purpose of the awakening is to move you closer to your most empowered, authentic self. It is really following the direction your soul most wants to go in.
So, consider the “legacy” you want to leave on this earth. If you begin to think about how you most what to be remembered you can begin to focus on what really matters to you. This is where you start to identify your purpose, the people you most want in your life, and the path you most want to follow. If you don’t follow it, you will end up with more experiences that try to push you to your heart’s desire whether you like it or not.
Reflect on your legacy:
- Adjectives I want people to use to describe me…
- Specific behaviors I hope people associate with me…
- Values I want to embody…
- Beliefs I hope people remember me by…
- Contributions I hope people recognize I made to the world…
- My husband, children, family, friends would most remember me by…
- In summary, I want people to think of me as a person who…
(Some questions adapted from NPHC-Self-Esteem Guide)
Then you begin the process of becoming the woman you are destined to be. It is not always an easy journey, but it is well worth it.
I help women on this journey through my coaching because going it alone makes no sense when you can be guided, supported, motivated, and loved by someone who has been through it, survived, and thrived long enough to help you through.
I Want to Know:
- Are you experiencing an “empowerment awakening? Have you ever experienced one before?
- What is the hardest part about being in a “stormy season” in your life?
- What questions do you have regarding making it through a tough time?
Submit a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
FIERCE Quotes to Live By
Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it
— Maya Angelou
- Magnetic with Men Workbook
- Why your EX is secretly hurting your CONFIDENCE
- The secret to ATTRACTION that you’re MISSING
- QUIZ: Are You Truly FREE?
- How to Be More Vulnerable
- Beauty & Style
- Beauty & Style
- Business & Branding
- Femininity & Womanhood
- FIERCE Confidence
- Health & Wellness
- Men & Relationships
- Passion & Purpose
- Purpose & Success
- Self-Care & Balance
- Self-Esteem & Confidence
- Truthfully Speaking